Sunday, January 29, 2012

Do Life 12 Week Challenge Week 4 Recap Part 1

First let me say Week 4 was awesome. I met and exceeded most any goals I set for myself. BOOYAHHH!

Part of our challenge was to find an accountability buddy in the Do Life 12 Week Challenge Forum and connect with that person. Share Challenge goals, struggles, support and challenge one another and get to know one another outside of the challenge; share parts of our lives. For our submission to the Challenge this week we'll actually be posting about our buddy, instead of ourselves. So here's a little bit about my buddy.

I actually posted sort of late, on Wednesday, after a crazy start to the week. And I met Lisa from Buffalo, NY. Lisa is the perfect accountability buddy for me, we have a TON in common. Lisa's sense of humor and strength first struck me right off the bat. Lisa has had more than her fair share of adversity, yet comes across graceful, strong and with a sense of humor. She has worked for and maintained about a 50 lb loss in weight and is working towards her goal weight, which I have no doubt she will reach. She is working hard to train and become a runner using the C25K program and when she gets stuck, she doesn't give up. She picks up where she left off and carries on, adapting the program and striding toward her goals. Lisa and I have talked just about every day since we "met" via email and have shared much of our lives, we clicked. She has been a source or comfort, support, laughs and challenges. She isn't afraid to ask questions or ask for help and support where she needs it. She set reasonable and attainable goals while challenging herself.

I'm sure most all of us have met awesome people with this week 4 buddy challenge, but Lisa has the edge on EVERYONE. Not only is she all of the spectacular things I mentioned above, but she OWNS a tailgating bus with 11 of her friends that is decked out in football logos that they take to football games!!! How cool is that?!!!

Lisa is a badass and deserves to win this week! She is a total winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment